Tuesday 4 January 2011

Earth model

A full update on all the work I've done over the Christmas break will come at the end of the week, but I just wanted to post the model of the Planet Earth I've just completed:


I'm quite pleased with it. However, it should be noted that this is a render in 3Ds Max - it won't look as good as this in the program. I've managed to get it to load in the program, but it seems to be causing a lot of speed issues - a bit worrying when theres 8 other models to go!

Full update on the date system and hopefully more models to come at the end of the week.

Edit:

I've just implemented a sky box to give a starry background, and here is what the Earth model looks like in the openGL program:


Not quite as good as the render, but still pretty nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment